As a Gensler Project Accountant, you will be responsible for financial account management and analysis for the firm's projects and business practices. You will be successful because you are highly organized and passionate about ensuring the fiscal health of assigned projects throughout the entire project life cycle, from project due diligence through client invoicing and collections. Join a team of highly creative, collaborative colleagues and partner with Gensler project managers to ensure our projects are not only beautiful, but financially sound.
What You Will Do
- Partner closely with Design Managers, establishing successful business relationships and ensuring accurate and consistent billing and financial reporting at the project and studio levels
- Understand the entire set of contracts (client and consultant) related to each project, with a focus on fee and scope management
- Assist Design Managers in performing project start-up due diligence and following Firm best practices throughout the project life cycle
- Understand the overall schedule, phase and timeline of each project
- Provide an invoice to the Project Manager with a billing recommendation that aligns with our scope, fees and value delivered to the client
- Record revenue in accordance with US GAAP and Firm policies
- Forecast actual vs. budget spending and analyze projects to provide meaningful input to project and office leadership
- Manage Subconsultant PO & AP Process through Coupa
- Coordinate all financial and contractual communications with consultants including contracts, change orders and invoicing
- Review project labor and expense actuals against plan, highlighting any potential areas that may exceed plan or overall contract values
- Monitor Accounts Receivable and assist Design Managers with collection efforts
- Maintain organized project contract files
- Operate as a financial and accounting liaison between the project, studio, and local/corporate accounting teams
- B.A. Degree, preferably in Accounting or Business Administration
- 3 - 5 years of project accounting experience in a professional service firm, preferably an architecture or design firm
- Highly proficient in Excel; experience with Deltek Vision software is a plus
- Tableau Data Application experience a plus
- Strong organizational skills, high level of accuracy, and keen attention to detail
- Ability to effectively work in a high-volume environment under pressure with multiple tasks and strict deadlines
- Willingness to embrace new technologies and constantly strive for greater efficiencies through process or technology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to work as a team and interact professionally with employees, clients and vendors
- Must be able to work overtime on an as-needed basis
Life At Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to "Well-being Week," our offices reflect our people's diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm's commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler celebrates diversity and our commitment to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer of choice. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
You may view our Pay Transparency Statement, your EEO rights under the law, and EEO is the law supplemental information on our website. Gensler shares the right to work and participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Gensler endeavors to make gensler.com/careers accessible to all applicants. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us.
Regarding Gensler’s approach to recruiting new talent, we will never ask an applicant for sensitive or personal financial information during the recruitment process. We advise all applicants seeking employment with Gensler to review available information on recruitment fraud. Anyone who suspects that they have been contacted by someone falsely representing Gensler should email firstname.lastname@example.org.