Heavy Truck Driver
Where: Lakewood, WA (JBLM)
Type: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life & Short-Term Disability Insurance, 10 paid holidays, up to 12 paid vacation days per year, paid sick leave, Verizon wireless discount, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and a robust wellness program.
Work Schedule: Full-time, Day Shift
Skookum seeks a Sanitation Heavy Truck Driver responsible for driving a tanker truck to assigned locations using grid coordinates on a map to set-up, deliver, pick-up and pump portable latrines, sinks and vault latrines. This position also requires the cleaning and servicing of portable latrines as well as replenishing them with supplies.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Driving to designated locations to deliver and pick up portable latrines using grid coordinates on a map.
- Sanitize/clean portable sinks, latrines, and vault latrines inside and outside to include pumping the effluent from the portable latrines into the truck holding tank as well as replenishing portable latrine supplies (including toilet paper, soap, paper towels and cleaners used in maintaining the sinks and toilets.)
- Maintain vehicle maintenance logs for assigned truck and perform minor maintenance on assigned truck.
- Maintain portable latrine and sink service logs and perform light maintenance on portable latrines as needed.
- Properly dispose of effluent from truck holding tank in designated disposal locations.
- Inspect vehicle each use. Notify Mechanic or Supervisor in the event of any necessary mechanical repairs or service.
- Employee is accountable for providing effective and efficient customer service ensuring government standards and customer satisfaction are maintained.
- High School Degree or GED preferred.
- Previous sanitation or heavy truck driving experience preferred.
- Ability to read military maps using military grid coordinates.
- Working knowledge of JBLM preferred.
- Must be able to follow directions and help organize routes.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain applicable security clearances as background checks will be conducted for this position.
- A valid CDL Class A with Tanker Endorsement is required. Must be able to obtain and maintain coverage by Skookum’s insurance company.
- A Department of Transportation (DOT) regulated pre-employment medical examination and drug screening are required. Candidates must meet federal guidelines to be considered for this position.
- Per Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21-14, employees must be fully vaccinated no later than October 18, 2021. Your vaccine status will be verified at New Employee Orientation. Please note medical or religious accommodation may be available once an offer of employment is made.
Skookum is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.