Are you looking to make a difference in a patient's life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensures Automated Distribution Center and Material Handling Equipment/Automated Picking System(s) (MHE/APS) are running at maximum efficiency with minimum downtime.
2. Directs the workflow, motivates, trains, and monitors the performance of warehouse associates involved in the maintenance functions
3. Responsible for a small to medium size team with the ability to direct, supervise, and develop said team
4. Diagnoses error conditions occurring in the facility and repairs accordingly in support of division operations.
5. Schedules and executes ongoing preventive maintenance program for building and material handling equipment.
6. Monitors work processes and makes suggestions for modifications in order to increase and improve productivity, efficiency, and accuracy, for the purpose of improving costs; implements changes as directed or needed.
7. Responsible for efficient operation of high-automation equipment in the facility; ensures that problems with equipment such as air and heating systems, conveyor systems, and forklift equipment are addressed
8. Keeps facility management apprised of escalating abnormal or critical situations and
coordinates resolutions/repairs with outside professional maintenance (if required).
9. Assists in the configuration maintenance, modifications, and system upgrades of MHE
and APS control systems to include programmable logic controllers (PLC) programming
10. Assesses the efficiency of materials handling equipment and automated picking systems
and defines necessary modifications.
11. Works with equipment and software vendors on design specifications and improvements.
12. Develops annual facility operating budget for utilities, spare parts, training and
maintenance contracts and presents to management.
13. Develops and solicits bids from vendors for maintenance janitorial snow removal
landscape and other contracts necessary to support all building and MHE/APS systems.
14. Supports compliance with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety rules, and Drug
Enforcement Administration (DEA) regulations
15. Ensures the maintenance of records documenting maintenance tasks, spare parts
inventory, and tools are recorded
16. Ensures that building safety and security inspections are performed
17. Associate is required to work split shifts nights and weekends as well as be on call to
respond to downtime events.
18. Performs related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Facilities/Plant Management
preferred with extensive experience with start-up and troubleshooting of an automated
distribution warehouse required. Requires a minimum of five (5) years directly related and
progressively responsible experience in an automated distribution warehouse environment with
large volume distribution operations. Experience in the development of preventive maintenance
programs disaster planning and knowledge of chilled water systems cooling towers diesel
powered back-up generators electric and diesel fire pumps air handling units and roof top air
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Excellent technical and operational knowledge of mechanical electrical and electronic
equipment and systems.
2. Knowledge of building automation system such as Trane Tracer Summit System and
Manhattan Associates' Warehouse Management System PkMS is preferred
3. Proactive problem solving skills; ability to recommend and implement solutions
4. Ability to read and interpret CAD layouts illustrated parts breakdown (IPB) diagrams and
electrical circuitry diagrams and drawings
5. Ability to troubleshoot complex automated systems controlled by computers
programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and microprocessors in a high-volume work
6. Strong interpersonal and communication skills to maintain cooperative working
7. Effective written communications presentation skills and organizational skills
8. Ability to operate independently to multi-task and to prioritize quickly
9. Knowledge of Microsoft Word Access Excel Project and PowerPoint; knowledge of
AutoCad is also preferred
ScheduleFull timeAffiliated CompaniesAmerisourceBergen Drug CorporationEqual Employment Opportunity
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.