Are you looking to make a difference in a patient's life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
As of August 24, 2021, AmerisourceBergen requires all U.S. team members to be fully vaccinated and show proofof completed vaccine status at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability/medicalreason or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow AmerisourceBergen's policy and process toapply for an exemption/accommodation.
1. Meets or exceeds specific business sales targets, set in cooperation with the District Director, for revenue, profit and margin growth with existing primary and secondary customers in the independent retail and alternate care pharmacy segment within a specific customer assignment (territory) via account penetration.
2. Maintain relationships with existing customers within the CSP Bronze segment to ensure continued business and successful renewals. Identify ways to grow existing accounts into CSP Silver/Priority/Hi-Po segment accounts and successfully transition to field sales team when appropriate.
3. Meets business targets related to the sale of specific solutions. AmerisourceBergen's suite of offerings includes, but is not limited to, solutions such as Good Neighbor Pharmacy, Business Coaching, PRxO Generics, and Elevate Provider Network, etc.
4. Ensure ongoing contract compliance from existing customers (such as generics penetration) by reinforcing the total value of the prime vendor agreement (PVA), and proactively addressing/resolving any reasons for non-compliance. Negotiates Prime Vendor Agreements (PVA) with current customers and implement new PVAs resulting in continual retention of profitable accounts in the individual sales assignment.
5. Drives Generic sales in a targeted group of accounts. Monitors and analyzes reports and data to measure profitability growth of PRxO generics; develops and implements strategies to ensure continued success of that growth.
6. Achieves monthly sales/activity goals established in conjunction with department manager. This may include but not limited to call volume, % of calls leading to an order, order volume and revenue.
7. Is responsible for taking secondary customers to primary by executing sales expansion using ABC's Suite of Offerings.
8. Negotiates Prime Vendor Agreements (PVA) with current customers and implements new PVAs resulting in continual retention of profitable accounts in the individual sales assignment.
9. Leads the onboarding of new customers within the assigned segments, as well as implementation of customer solutions, by effectively collaborating with functional departments to ensure full adoption, value realization and an ongoing excellent customer experience.
10. Partners across functional and organizational lines by engaging and working directly and collaboratively with subject matter experts during the sales process to execute sales expansion and maintenance strategies using ABC's Suite of Offerings to address customer specific needs ; subject matter expects include the Corporate Marketing & Solution groups, PHS, PRxO Generics, accounts receivable, GNP, CARE, etc.
11. In cooperation with the District Director, create an annual strategic plan for achieving your business goals, utilizing sales reporting tools ongoing to identify and analyze opportunities to expand current customer business.
12. Creates an operationally efficient daily territory call plan. Effectively and efficiently manages the assigned territory with a regular call cycle that results in the delivery of appropriate/defined customer touches while also making off-cycle, discretionary calls, as situations require.
13. Continually maintains and inputs account activity/results information and tracks interactions in the CRM and other appropriate sales management tools
14. Develops and maintains a strong base of working knowledge of the retail and alternate care customers and markets through the use of ABC training, District Director coaching, display of market/customer business curiosity, industry information and company literature, which allows for successful execution of ABC sales strategies and commercial insights.
15. Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires a demonstrated history of successful application of consultative selling skills in a diverse customer marketplace resulting in improved customer sales. Broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four-year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education are required. Normally requires five (5) plus years directly related and progressively responsible sales experience. Experience in the pharmaceutical industry, retail and alternate care segments is desirable.
1. Working knowledge of retail and alternate care industries, trends, and challenges facing customers
2. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and adapt communication style to various audiences
3. Ability to actively listen and influence others with different points of view
4. Strong organizational agility, working across teams internally to achieve a common goal.
5. Advanced understanding of financial concepts relevant to maximizing sales profit (e.g. profit and loss statements, value)
6. Excellent customer service skills to address potential issues through channels such as Customer Care without compromising selling-focused conversation
7. Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
8. Ability to adapt to change, and successfully monitor multiple tasks without sacrificing quality or timeliness of work
9. Strong presentation skills
10. Strong time management skills; ability to schedule customer appointments in advance
ScheduleFull timeAffiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: AmerisourceBergen Services CorporationEqual Employment Opportunity
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.