Are you looking to make a difference in a patient's life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
As of August 24, 2021, AmerisourceBergen requires all U.S. team members to be fully vaccinated and show proof of completed vaccine status at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow AmerisourceBergen's policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain reasonable supervision over customs business at the shipment level.
- Full knowledge and ability to file all entry types and address all government agency requirements until fully released.
- Full knowledge and ability to respond to inquiries for authorization to ship to USA
- Rating shipments (using the US Harmonized Tariff code book) for Customs clearance. Full understanding the FDA product builder, supplemental guide, and USDA and USFW required ACE data elements.
- Handle high profile client and shipments for timely and accurate processing
- Answering questions from colleagues, clients, and other offices, regarding regulations pertaining to imports/exports affecting the United States.
- Ability to research regulatory requirements as needed to support compliance.
- Support Regulatory Brokers with Power of Attorney vetting, bonds applications and other compliance concerns.
- Provide guidance to staff with questions, troubleshooting clearance delays, holds, exam, rejections, and unresolved AMS delays.
- Liaising between US Customs, PGA and clients for inquiries pertaining to admissibility
- Run designated reports to follow up and address jobs pending release or further actions to facilitate release from customs and participating government agencies due to clearance delays, holds, census warning and or rejections
- Timely audit of all entries for accuracy, compliance and tracking trends. Escalate cancelation, port summary corrections and prior disclosures.
- Strict adherence to company SOP, Work Instructions, Ops Memo and Guidelines.
- Must stay current on all Customs and PGA regulations
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Licensed Customs House Brokers: Maintain Customs License for duration of employment with World Courier
Working knowledge of ABI system and all entry processes
Communicate directly and professionally via phone and e-mail with clients regarding the status of shipments
Brokers with a valid Certified Customs Specialist certificate (CCS) must obtain the required 20 point for renewal
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
What AmerisourceBergen offers
Demonstrate ability to develop and cultivate strong relationships with US customs, DEA, USDA, FDA, CDC and US Fish and Wildlife
Communicate professionally via phone and e-mail with the above listed government agencies
Pleasant personality, and professional demeanor
Ability to work harmoniously with colleagues and other WC offices (team player)
Flexibility with schedule, as WC is a 24 hour operation
Overtime may be required
ScheduleFull timeAffiliated CompaniesAffiliated Companies: World Customs Brokerage IncEqual Employment Opportunity
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran